Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Cassie Gowin

A daughter of C.A. Gowin and L.A. Gowin, died at Hoyt. I.T. Aged 18 years. Gone to join her mother who died 18 months ago. Cassie was born at Cedarville, Ark. Thought not a member of the church, she had been a believer for some time. Her last words were "Good-bye papa, meet me in heaven" I ask the prayers of Christians everywhere for a grief-stricken father and children,
C.A. Gowin
Hoyt, Ark *
Arkansas Baptist July 28, 1897, page 15
 *Note:

The obit gives the place of death as Hoyt. I.T.  1900 Census shows the family in Choctaw Nation I.T. so the death is probably correct. Hoyt is now in Haskell Co., Oklahoma across the line from Crawford Co., Arkansas where the family is located in the 1880 census. Cedarville is in Crawford County

No comments:

Post a Comment